FoodSafe 2 - Vancouver (Downtown)
FOODSAFE Level 2 - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is FoodSafe Level 1 a prerequisite for FoodSafe Level 2?
- What is Foodsafe Level 2 (Advanced) about?
- Who needs FoodSafe Level 2?
- Is FoodSafe Level 2 difficult?
1. Is FoodSafe Level 1 a prerequisite for FoodSafe Level 2?
Yes. A FoodSafe Level 2 certificate cannot be issued unless FoodSafe Level 1 has previously been taken.
2. What is Foodsafe Level 2 (Advanced) about?
Foodsafe Level 2 builds on the topics covered in Level 1 (Level 1 Certification is required prior to Level 2). Topics covered include using the HACCP system to develop a Food Safety Plan, which describes in detail the food-handling carried out within a Food Service Establishment and the procedures in place to ensure they are done safely. B.C.'s Food Premises Regulation requires every restaurant in B.C. to have a written Food Safety Plan. Other topics related to managing a safe food-service business, such as sanitary practices and pest control, are also covered.
3. Who needs FoodSafe Level 2?
Food-service supervisors, managers, or owners. FoodSafe level 2 is designed for anyone who oversees a food-service operation, or anyone seeking such a position. Topics covered relate to ensuring a food-service business is run safely, such as developing a HACCP-based Food Safety Plan, sanitary practices and pest control.
4. Is FoodSafe Level 2 difficult?
Level 2 is more involved then Level 1, and the exam is written rather than multiple choice. Still, over 95% of students taking Level 2 with us pass the course the first time.