FOODSAFE Level 2 (Advanced)
This Certificate course is recognized by all Health Authorities in BC and many other regions. All our FOODSAFE courses are taught by Certified Public Health Inspectors with years of experience in both inspecting food facilities and teaching about food safety.
FOODSAFE Level 2 (Advanced) builds on Level 1, which is a prerequisite for Level 2. Topics covered include using the HACCP system to develop a Food Safety Plan, which every restaurant in B.C. is required by law (Food Premises Regulation) to have. A Food Safety Plan describes all of the food-handling procedures of the restaurant and the measures in place to ensure they are done safely to prevent food poisoning.
Other topics related to managing a safe food-service business, such as sanitary practices and pest control, are also covered in FOODSAFE Level 2.
Please note: A valid FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate is required before taking this course. A FOODSAFE Level 2 certificate cannot be issued if the student does not hold a valid and current FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate.
Masks are recommended but not required for all of our in-person classes.
FOODSAFE Level 2 - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is FoodSafe Level 1 a prerequisite for FoodSafe Level 2?
- What is Foodsafe Level 2 (Advanced) about?
- Who needs FoodSafe Level 2?
- Is FoodSafe Level 2 difficult?
1. Is FoodSafe Level 1 a prerequisite for FoodSafe Level 2?Yes. A FoodSafe Level 2 certificate cannot be issued unless the student holds valid and current FoodSafe Level 1 certification. Go to top
2. What is Foodsafe Level 2 (Advanced) about?Foodsafe Level 2 builds on the topics covered in Level 1 (Level 1 Certification is required prior to Level 2). Topics covered include using the HACCP system to develop a Food Safety Plan, which describes in detail the food-handling carried out within a Food Service Establishment and the procedures in place to ensure they are done safely. B.C.'s Food Premises Regulation requires every restaurant in B.C. to have a written Food Safety Plan. Other topics related to managing a safe food-service business, such as sanitary practices and pest control, are also covered. Go to top
3. Who needs FoodSafe Level 2?Food-service supervisors, managers, or owners. FoodSafe level 2 is designed for anyone who oversees a food-service operation, or anyone seeking such a position. Topics covered relate to ensuring a food-service business is run safely, such as developing a HACCP-based Food Safety Plan, sanitary practices and pest control. Go to top
4. Is FoodSafe Level 2 difficult?Level 2 is more involved then Level 1, and the exam is written rather than multiple choice. Still, over 95% of students taking Level 2 with us pass the course the first time. Go to top
FOODSAFE Level 2 Classes
All FOODSAFE Level 2 Classes take place over one day and one evening.
Vancouver FOODSAFE Level 2 Courses
Surrey FOODSAFE Level 2 Courses
Victoria FOODSAFE Level 2 Courses